Light and refreshing, dan dan noodles are a quick meal to put together under 25 minutes. You can easily substitute gluten free Asian rice noodles or even gluten free spaghetti noodles if ramen noodles are tough to locate.
Gluten Free Dan Dan Noodles
- 4 blocks of gluten free ramen noodles
- ⅓ cup dry-roasted peanuts
- 3 Tbs low-sodium gluten free soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek ground fresh chile paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 ½-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 8 oz lean ground pork
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup liquid reserved from cooking noodles
- 1 Tbs fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup thinly diagonally sliced green onions
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a mini chopper or food processor, add peanuts, soy sauce, sambel oelek, sugar, garlic and ginger and pulse until finely ground.
- Cook noodles according to directions. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving ¾ cup cooking liquid. Place noodles in a large bowl.
- Cook pork and salt in skillet over medium-high heat 8 minutes or until done, stirring to crumble. Add peanut mixture and ¾ cup cooking liquid to pork; bring to a boil. Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add lime juice.
- Divide noodles into 4 serving bowls. Pour pork mixture over noodles, topping with green onion, cilantro and cucumber.
adapted from www.myrecipes.com