When I first found out I was gluten free a friend recommended these energy bites. They are easy to put together and, more importantly, my kids love them! This is a perfect treat for those days you wish to keep your oven off, or simply need a healthy snack.
One major benefit of these bites is the ability to make them allergen-friendly. If you need to go dairy free, make sure you buy dairy free chocolate chips. If you need to go peanut free, use sunflower, almond or cashew butter (I've use almond butter with great results!).
Try adding a ½ teaspoon of cinnamon or a ½ cup of chopped dates.
No Bake Energy Bites
- 1 ½ cups Rolled Oats gluten free
- ¼ cup flax seed
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup honey or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a medium bowl and combine.
- Line a 9x13 baking sheet with wax paper.
- Gently but firmly press dough into a golf ball sized ball and place on baking sheet. You should get about 16 balls.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Remove from sheet and place into a sealed container.
- I like to keep these refrigerated, but you can certainly leave them out.